Home Away Georgia | Vacation Rentals – Vacation Rentals – Entire home/apt for just $29.–
Explore a variety of accommodations for your next vacation, including vacation homes, cabins, beach houses, apartments, condos, houseboats and more. Discover the perfect rental for your upcoming trip, whether you’re looking for mountain views, a private pool, beach access or something else. With options to fit every style and budget, find the ideal vacation rental to create lasting memories.
Home Away Georgia
Travel Home Finder
(Direct Rental Platform)
Home Away Georgia: A Tourist’s Guide to Experiencing the Peach State
Georgia, known as the Peach State, offers a rich tapestry of experiences for travelers seeking a blend of history, nature, and modern attractions. From the bustling streets of Atlanta to the serene landscapes of the Appalachian Mountains, Georgia is a state where the old and new converge, creating a unique destination for tourists. Here’s how to make the most of your visit to Georgia.
Discover Atlanta: The Heart of Georgia
Atlanta is not just Georgia’s capital; it’s the vibrant core of the state, where history meets urban sophistication.
- The Georgia Aquarium and Zoo Atlanta offer family-friendly adventures with diverse wildlife.
- The Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site provides a profound look into America’s civil rights movement.
- Foodies will love the city’s booming culinary scene, from classic Southern fare to international cuisines.
Step Back in Time in Savannah
Savannah, with its cobblestone streets and moss-draped oaks, offers a glimpse into the 18th century.
- Wander through the historic district to admire antebellum architecture.
- Explore the vibrant art scene and boutique shops in the City Market.
- Don’t miss the chance to take a ghost tour for a different perspective on the city’s history.
Embrace Nature in the North Georgia Mountains
The North Georgia Mountains are an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise.
- Amicalola Falls and Tallulah Gorge provide stunning natural vistas and hiking trails.
- The region is also home to the southern terminus of the Appalachian Trail for those looking to tackle a hiking challenge.
- Visit in the fall to see the mountains painted in vibrant autumn colors.
Relax on the Golden Isles
Georgia’s coast is dotted with the Golden Isles, offering pristine beaches and relaxed coastal towns.
- Jekyll Island and St. Simons Island are perfect for beach activities, historical exploration, and enjoying local seafood.
- Cumberland Island offers wild, untouched beaches and the chance to see wild horses roaming freely.
Savor Georgia’s Culinary Delights
Georgia’s culinary scene is as diverse as its landscapes.
- Savor traditional Southern dishes like fried chicken, peach cobbler, and sweet tea.
- Explore the burgeoning farm-to-table movement in cities and rural areas alike.
- Don’t miss the chance to attend a food festival, such as the Savannah Food & Wine Festival, for local flavors.
Experience Georgia’s Rich Cultural Heritage
- Attend a performance at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta for a night of entertainment.
- Explore the High Museum of Art for a taste of the state’s rich artistic offerings.
- Visit during a festival, like the Atlanta Jazz Festival, to experience Georgia’s vibrant cultural scene.
Practical Tips for Tourists
- Best Time to Visit: Spring and fall offer mild weather, perfect for exploring outdoor attractions.
- Getting Around: Renting a car is the most convenient way to explore Georgia’s diverse regions.
- Accommodations: Georgia offers a range of options, from luxury hotels in Atlanta to cozy cabins in the mountains
Discover the heart of the South in Georgia! From Atlanta’s urban pulse to Savannah’s charming streets and the serene North Georgia Mountains, the Peach State invites you to explore its rich history, nature, and culinary delights.